i ride > 32 (peter lines)

theyre last seasons, or maybe two seasons old, i cant remember, but theyre nice and stiff,

i gotta slightly disagree with you Ivo, i think if your into rails and that, then some flexy boots is good,

but for Freestyle, like park riding (or free riding), definately the stiff boots, you need the extra support in the park

and theyre really good for freeriding eh,

just dont but some bottom of the line boots from rossi or watever, thats what i did for my first boots and they are disgustingly flexible.

stiffer = more control

stiffer = faster turns, quicker response time

most of your topline boots

(Burton Ion, Salomon Malamute, etc.)

are stiff boots.

but stiff only goes so far,

fit is the most important thing,

so I gotta agree with Nat,

DC is the way to go, I'm picking

some up stat, the pump seals your

foot in perfectly. gotta spend the

loot though - both pump models -

the Revolution 2 and the Phantom

are very expensive.

BR

Thanks for the responses guys. For the last 3 years I've been using some cheap "no name" soft boots and I've been wondering if I can get more control with harder boots.

I mainly like a mixture of free-riding with basic runs on some jumps and half-pipes.

I guess I need to quit being so cheap and shell out some dough for some new, stiffer boots.

Cheers

DC are pretty wide boots. I liked the look of the pump-up (Revolution was it?) ones but they're not so good if you've got narrow feet. I ended up getting the Airwalk ones with the ski boot-type straps at the tops since they were the best fit. I think they're called the C3s. The straps make it easier to adjust the stiffness for icy conditions etc. but the main thing is that they're a good fit.

Unless you've tried the exact size of that model on in a Japanese shop, don't buy boots online ! Also, when going from nobrand boots to branded ones, note that the latter come with much thicker padding, so they may bump up your binding size from M to L, for example. You might be able to make do with longer straps, however.

Originally posted by NoFakie:

DC are pretty wide boots. I liked the look of the pump-up (Revolution was it?) ones but they're not so good if you've got narrow feet.

I agree with. I have odd feet so DC's phanton(One of pump -up one) is SUPER for me. Not other boots can fit my feet.

But best thing to do is

A) Go to Shop

B) Try on the boots as much as you can & want, even shop officers annoyed you.

C) You can decide what suit you.

Boots and gears are not that cheap so better to try on as much as you can!