The further you go out of Osaka-the better it gets basically. There are fields closeby in Shiga or Hyogo but you're better off doing an overnight train to Nagano(Hakuba goes off) for the real shit. It'll cost you \11000 return. For a day trip try Gifu-I went to Takasa snow park which was half decent. You catch an overnight bus from Sin Osaka Station that gets you there early after an 11pm departure-you'll get a full day and get dropped back in Umeda by 9:00 that night. Tickets are from TIS in JR Umeda station and cost about \10,000 for the package-enjoy!

Yeah and we got breakfast as well-the price may have been a bit of a special but I don't think it would be much more than that. Best thing to do is go to TIS and scoop all the brochures. Busses also go to other resorts in the area like Dynaland so I'm sure they all offer similar deals.

Dynaland, Shirotori resorts, Washigatake one way (Gifu), Biwako valley (euch!)and a few other places round there a bit close by. As Davo said, basically the further away you go, the better! Best to make a long weekend out of it.

Okay guys, need your opinion.

I fly into Kansai this Thursday night, arriving at 8pm. I fly out the next day to LA around 5pm.

I'm a ski bum.....so I wanna know if it is possible to spend a morning at one of the nearby resorts and still make my flight ? I know I will be pushing it.....but I can't alter my flights. How close is the closest resort ? If I leave around 1pm would I get to KIX in time ? I know it's silly....still I wanna ride !

Thanks.

Okay guys, need your opinion.

I fly into Kansai this Thursday night, arriving at 8pm. I fly out the next day to LA around 5pm.

I'm a ski bum.....so I wanna know if it is possible to spend a morning at one of the nearby resorts and still make my flight ? I know I will be pushing it.....but I can't alter my flights. How close is the closest resort ? If I leave around 1pm would I get to KIX in time ? I know it's silly....still I wanna ride !

Thanks.

I don't even know why I'm bothering answering this...guess I'm just interested in the challenge.

You may be able to make it up to somewhere in Hyogo or Shiga.

Do you read and write Japanese? If you do, I may be able to find you a Japan Railways site where you can check the timetables online to see if you can actually make it.

Or if you want to rentacar, you can easily make it.

Depends on your budget. Anyways, it's gonna cost ya.

Let me know...

Sounds a bit like one for Denpa Shonen this one...

You'll not get back soon enough to take an organized day trip, so you'll probably have to hire a car. This year, you're talking who's got the most snow machines. In a decent radius from Osaka, my guess would be Winghills Shiratori in Gifu, but you're talking 5 hours by highway from Kansai Airport. For the same price as the car, tolls and gas, you could buy some top of the range X training gear (inline skates etc.), which'll probably do you more good in the long term.

Thanks for the info Ocean11 and NoFakie. Yeah, doesn't seem possible eh frown.gif Oh well, 2 days later I'll be riding in Colorado !

So that leaves me time for some electronics shopping. What would be the best place in Osaka (Den-den?!)?

Domo