Anyone ever seen any demo days(where you can demo equipment from the various makers) at any resorts around Japan? I have been here skiing for nearly five seasons and have yet to see one!

Anyone know of any upcoming demo day dates?

I am talking of the two plank snow sport here.

Hi Mog,

Yes I have seen a demo day in Japan, it was last season at Geto Skijo - Iwate Ken. It had plenty of stuff to try out, but unfortunatly for me it was all for the two plankers!!

I can't remember when it was, but I think it was close to the begining of the season.

Martin

Hi Mog,

I've seen them at Niseko and a couple of other places around Hokkaido.

Both for skiers and boarders.

For skiers, K2 and Salomon. For boarders, Burton, Sims and Yonex.

Mostly advertised through your local ski shop. I got invites in the mail from them.

cheers,

C.

BTW, Martin, are you the one I've ridden some wicked night sessions with in Niseko?

Hey Craig,

Yes I think that could be me! I was in Niseko for the past two xmas and newyear periods - with some lasd from OZ. Are you in still up on the North Island for this season?

I am planning on heading up in Feb. Lets meet up for a blast in the pow ifyour around!

Martin

Hi Martin,

Unfortunately my time in Hokkaido has finished. I'm back home now.

Won't be heading to Niseko this Feb, but am planning to be there in 03.

Don't know how I'll get through without riding Niseko's wicked white stuff.

I'll just have to surf my brains out instead.

cheers.

Mogski,

About demo days in Japan...I don't know why you would even ASK such a question, having just spent over \100,000 on new ski equipment.

Your demo days experiment is doomed to end badly because you will either:

(i) demo something better than what you just spent your life savings to buy, and so be bitterly disappointed and/or go even further into hock, or

(ii) demo something worse than what you just spent your life savings to buy, and so have wasted hours of perfectly good ski time at Niseko.

Give it up. You're done. You went shopping, and you put down your cash, and now you are done!

Stop it!!

I don't want to learn about any demo days in Japan. I have a hard enough time paying for my drinks, let alone new snow tools!

Stop it!!

craig, is that the same craig i am thinking of, the guy that rides niseko 12hrs nearly every day last season, from the northern subuerbs of sydney?? remember riding with me at all, some epic night riding along the alpen ridge last season?

hi craig, well just keeping low this year, dont plan to go back to Niseko.

going to europe next week for 7 weeks holiday, plan to do a bit of riding in france (anyone recommend any resorts???) and andorra maybe.

what you been doing, are you back in sydney??

lama...

chamonix

ride it if you dare...

and for a relaxed, but gorgeous day,

to the Valley Blanche tour (but maybe

that is just for skiers, don't know...)

danz

------------------

pray for snow

Lama, good resorts in France are:

- Meribel (Les 3 Vallees)

- Tignes/Val d'Isere

- Avoriaz (Les Portes du Soleil)

I would definitely skip Les Deux Alps (crap skiing and too many italians wink.gif)

thanks for the feedback guys!

did actualy have chamonix in mind (but didnt know how hard core it was.... will have to play it cool by the sound of it), and i had also heard about val d'isere, looks like the pic at the moment. been reading up in "boarding the world" a book written by bear agushi and co. well worth a look! anyone else read it??

lama,

-chamonix

-la grave (well kept secret actually), just a big mountain with one main lift and lots(&lots) of terrain.. HC only.

-verbier, actually in switzerland but just across the border from chamonix