Hi everyone...first time here, and like what I see. Good to "meet" you all.

I will be in Nagano from next month....had heard that Dynaland had some decent boarding facilities over there. Anyone been?

i havent boarded in japan yet..

so i was wondering, japanese parks,

are they good?

i mean, where i am, in NZ, my local resort (Turoa) kept at least one kicky 30-40ft tabletop the whole season, that was the first time theyve kept something that big for longer than a couple of days.

i know that aint big, those american parks have 60footers and plenty of them.

its just that i dont really like it when people say fields have a good park and its just a bunch of rutted out flat 15footers ...lol

is there variation? hips,stepdowns,spines,,rails,boxes, etc etc??

• 2 weeks later...

You got a fat pipe or lots of patience ?

If you have, Japan's most bloated website (www.yanaba.co.jp) will give you the skinny on the terrain park at Yanaba (just before Hakuba on R148). Small resort, dodgy cafe, but lots of jumps and rails. Last year, you could test ride the entire Burton collection there, and hopefully that will continue. No medics at the resort so it's a thirty minute drive to hospital if you get crocked, or at least so I've heard.

That "Snowboard World Heights" place at Yamanouchi in Nagano has four pipes (one for private hire). I've not been though, and it looks very small.

While Hakkouda (one of honshu's most northerly resorts) looks pretty good, it doesn't have a pipe or a park. Yep, nothing. Just lots of pow and offpiste-like tree runs.

Many pipeheads have the wrong setups (short boards, duck stances) for serious pow. Floating's not their thing.