Desperate to teachEnglish&ski a lot.........

Look for the big names on this site, probably a good place to start.

Check out the places that get a good review rating on the ranking page, they are the places that we all like.

If you hit a mountain area in most parts of northern Japan, you are sure to be near some slopes. The choice is just sooooo huge.

Good luck

Nagano is a good choice. Beautiful area, not out in the middle of nowhere, good places nearby, etc. Other choices might be Gunma or Niigata. But I think Nagano is a wise choice all round.

• 7 years later...

Good luck... based on my very unscientific survey of JETs this year, unless you give a good reason for your request (my wife lives there, i am allergic to 40 degree heat, etc) they just place you where ever. case and point I am in Hiroshima ken (could be worse). So make your request, you might get it, but it seems more often then not it is pretty random. 1 person I talked to got there 2nd choice and one got their 3rd.

Also if you get an interveiw, don't tell them that one of your motivations for going to Japan was the sweet pow - i got some unimpressed looks for that!

• SnowJapan Admin

Ah I remember the days of Guests (unregistered) posts on the Forums back in 2001. That brings back lots of memories.

When I was applying for JET, I asked for 'countryside'/'not big city' and that was about it. It was all a bit of a rush and I knew almost nothing. Got plonked in Yuzawa, dropped on lucky there I think.