Yeah!

Well. Best tucker for the price anyway. Most resorts have real school-dinner, christ-this-is-horrible type food, but Ryuo was alright. Try Hakuba for little bits of nothing that cost an arm and a leg.

Why, Ulleyle, did you have something bad there, or are you questioning the concept overall? Food deserves a thread of its own really.

• 5 weeks later...

Oo,

I hope you were taking the piss when you said Sugadaira. I work in Sugadaira occasionally, and was lucky enough to be given a free season ticket by the school up there. I love the place, it`s the most beautiful place in Nagano(biased opinion). I play rugby there every week during the summer. My girlfriend lives there. I go boarding with the schools ski club whenever I`m up there. But under no circumstances should anyone be in the unfortunate position of having to call it there favorite resort. Winter in Sugadaira is like punishment, it`s just too cold up there to enjoy(trust me, I don`t have a car as such I found myself walking in -28 degree temp. lastyear - it`s the coldest place in Japan.) Everytime I board there I seem to injure myself, some would put that down to me being crap, others would put that down to the fact that come February skiing in Sugadaira is like throwing yourself down a bumpy jagged rockface.

please tell me you were getting confused with Suginohara, please...!!!!!

Hey I went to Shiga Kogen for 2 nights and 3 days and it was great. I was really impressed with the place and the sheer size and range of runs on offer there. Has shot up to my favorite place here.

Highly recommended.

Todge,

Yeah, it`s a great place to work. It`s also a great place to go boarding, but only if you get a free pass!! I would never pay to go boarding there.

It used to be good for a half-day, but it seems that they`ve got rid of the half-day passes.

The key word is resort

the less resort the better

Hakkoda (Aomori)

Niseko Hirafu (summit and tree runs)

Iwaki-san (summit and backcountry) (also Aomori)

all about the POW

you can keep your APPI 900en ramen

jez, whatever works for you man. Being from Bristol, sticking an 'l' on unsuspecting words comes naturally so I'll be abiding with 'Nozzle', but 'Nozzy' sounds fine to me.

'Bout time I tried Hakkers again with my free Cortina ticket. Can there really be 400 cm of snow at that one resort as the Resort Watch suggests? If so, who put it there, and why?