Only one lift to start moving for Hirafu's opening tomorrow. The Alpen #3 lift will be in action from 9am. #3 lift is located above Alpen's Supercourse run. Everyone will have to take the Supercourse lift up, but then will also have to catch the Supercourse lift back down again. Due to lack of snow, no boarding or skiing will be allowed on the Supercourse tomorrow.

Thanks to Ben.

Hey Greg, just to set your mind at ease ,I rode Alpen (niseko) today and checked out the mountain, there is HEAPS of snow here. the mountain management are just being cautious in not opening more runs today. Remember a week ago we had rain and no snow. and with almost a metre of snow fallen since , doesnt give stability to the base and might make people think its safe to go anywhere when its not. They will open more and more runs every day. Despite the official line being pedalled - downloading back down only- many people (including me) DID ride down all the way to the bottom (ok it was my last run) and I can tell you it was amazing snow and very deep. December will be a a great month to be here.