The snow was late last season, only about 30cm in Shiga by mid December and similar amounts in Niseko as now. And that was an amazing season with some resorts claming the highest snowfalls in 17 years!!! It will come...

It snowed in Suwa this morning, and the whole Hakuba range still appears to be under thick snow clouds. Looks like there musta been some dumping going on, even though it's not showing up in any reports on this site. Yet?

If you wanted to twiddle Nagano Prefecture around evenly, you'd put a big pin in the middle of Lake Suwa. The hell where Suwa is is in the middle of Nagano, and a good deal less hellish than where you live calvin.

Checked out your link ol' son, and you see that big swathe of cloud hanging over that ther' mountain? Guess what's going on underneath that. (Hint: I said it was snowing in Suwa this morning.) Nice and warm in Tokyo is it?

Hi rache! I'm not Rod, I'm Liar. Who are you? Have we met? My 'not sure if I quite want to blow my cover yet' email is poxfroth@yahoo.com. Drop me a line!

Come on man, can't not post a reply to that one.....

Quote:
that big swathe of cloud hanging over that ther' mountain

Yeah sure. So you get real turned on by big fog clouds hanging half way up the mountain then? Wish I was so easily pleased. It should be dumping in the villages. Stop this nonsense.

Darkest day in the Hakuba Valley for a long long time (source mywindow@home).

And yes, it did snow. Not a dump, but every little helps.

http://www.hakuba47.co.jp/today47.html

But no need to give mr/ms hakubanow a hard time. He/she isn't getting paid, unlike the folk at yon nana. And the speed at which the weather can change up here means that any report posted first thing may not prove correct. The resorts only fully opened around Christmas Day last year, so no need for concern just yet.

Where's Suwa ? Christ get a life man.

'Stop this nonsense'

Well, it's only nonsense if a snowboarding trip to Hakuba is a major undertaking involving a lot of time and expense. Otherwise, a cloud like that (that sometimes opens enough to show gleaming white mountain - I bin watchin' from my window) bodes very well for some leisurely suberi on Saturday morning on the upper reaches. Hakuba's an easy drive from Suwa.

What are you doing this weekend?

Must agree to a certain extent with----all of ya!

Lets just wait for a DECENT DUMP. I hate boarding on shitty barely covered slopes. We really need to wait until there is well over a meter and snow in the villages to enjoy it.

That's where I'm coming from anyway