Has anyone here encountered,

or heard of any road gaps in Japan ?

it'd be backcountry - most likely.

by road gap, i mean a jump off a cliff,

perpendicular to, and over a road, to a

landing on the other side of the street.

If so has anyone hit it ?

we have a few here in the States - Mt.

Baker's is the famous one.

I've always wanted to give it a shot.

Niseko has a smallish one. nothing like bakers.

it is over the family trail on the way back to the gondola. coming down out of miharashi

i saw a few pro jap riders build a kicker for a photo shoot there last season and were hitting it for a while, looked pretty impressive.

then a guy i was riding with hit it a few days later and landed in the middle of the family course (flat concrete!!!!) needles to say he was out cold for 10 minutes!!!!! but he lived to tell the tale.... just wish i had my camera there.

yeah, couldnt have happened to a cooler guy.... oh i shouldnt laugh!! at least he gave it a go, i looked at it a few times and went hmmmmmm, but i didnt want to come home in a body bag

yeah i still wonder how he, the chalet and all its occupants got through that season pretty much unscathed. did we tell you about his british bulldog effort against the glass window of the main living room one night in a blizzard... not once but twice, he was so gullable, he would do anything if you dared him!! poor boy, just wanted a bit of attention. i ended up wrestling him to the ground at the yuki-matsuri in sapporo just to try and calm him down a little. but i will give him this... he did capitalise on some of the local women though!!

Yeah, I remember.

Mogski and I are--like you--incredibly powerful, animalistically sexual and attractive Men of the type that ordinary people view with envy in Calvin Klein underwear ads and MTV commercials showcasing the most Dope and Sick yet Now kind of style of urban, yet natural, sensitive loner-type artistically virile, genius-type guy, the kind of guy that one minute will pull one of his Lads and somebody's helpless baby from the flaming twisted wreck of an SUV wrapped around a tree just before the gas tank blows, then half an hour later deliver an impromptu acceptance speech at the Sensitive Male Poets' World's Best Awards that drives the audience of hardened Eng. Lit. profs to tears, and sends 15-20 incredibly sexy artistic young co-eds with long brown hair and boots who have incense and candles in their dorm rooms to the hospital with near-fatal involuntary vaginal convulsions.

Like you, Mogski and I are pretty used to being mobbed and stalked by just about any human with XX chromasomes.

That explains our total amazement upon going up to Niseko to receive our usual favorable treatment by the birds, only to find that the most wooly-headed, completely Japanese-incompetent one among us, was able to pull the chicks as easily and regularly as we pull unsightly nose bougars and hairs in the privacy of our own bathrooms--as we cultivate our sexually potent image.

Unbelievable.

One wonders why one bothers to even study another page of Japanese. Following Paddy's example, it seems better to have blue eyes and a wooly afro, and then you can be All Up In That twot, if you take my meaning.

Unbelievable.

I don't know why I waste my time.

Does anybody on this board know where I can get blue colored contacts?

Badmigraine, you have certainly made a cold wet miserable morning in Tokyo, a hell of a lot better. I have just read three of your postings, (the one above, The Best Japanese Board Girl I Ever Saw and Which Way Do You Fold It?) They are piss funny to say the least. You certainly have the gift of the gab.

Does the guy named "Paddy" happen to be an Irish guy by any chance ?

Lets just pray that this rain in Tokyo is falling as snow in the mountains

nah he is from southern sydney round cronulla way (i think)..... the guy has been locked up in jail in every country he has been in..... he is the kind of guy who gets booked/locked up for drink driving, then is back in his car 2 hrs later and driving back to the pub to tell his mates about it. Yes he actually admits to doing this too!

the guy invented A.D.D!

he truly has to be seen in action to be believed

maybe we should start a web-site up about him... what do you recon badmigrane, mogski

there is one huge gap-jump Paddy hasn't done.

Up near Goshiki Onsen - landing in lots of deep powder. Still a bit early in the season though...

Hope Paddy is alive or out of jail.

Come on home Paddy!

well was going through my pics of the trips and i reckon i have enough to start a web site in his dedication!!!! yeah the only problem will be finding someone as crazy as him to hang around him to keep it updated on his latest adventures!!

madpaddy.com!!!! has got a certain kind of ring to it.

is that benk???

hey lama,

great turns this mornin' - knee deep plus everywhere. Fatty did some great cartwheels, and came close to your Yetti impersonation.

Hanazono to open tomorrow...

hi ben,

good to see the fat man is up to his usual tricks!! cover him in fresh for me then throw him down the "stairs", dont worry about rocks!!

get stuck into hano 3 for me!