Tell me, Niigata or Nagano in Jan is better?

I'm planning to go to Ski in Japan in mid-January (me from Hong Kong), and have narrowed down Niigata (Gala Yuzawa or Naeba, pls advice) or Nagano (Shiga Kogen or Hakuba). Which place is the best in January in terms of snowfall and temperature?

Thanks.

Forget Gala Yuzawa and go to Naeba if you are really wanting to choose between the two! Gala Yuzawa is the Shinjuku stn of the Japanese skifields! Way too crowded unless you are there on weekday. Even if you do go on a weekday make sure it has snowed past since then or you might as well be ice skating!

Thanks for the tips. I hate to ice-skate with skis. So do you think January is a good time to go? I'm planning to spend Sunday and Monday skiing...

btw, in Naeba, is Prince Hotel the only choice I have? Is 13700yen per night including 2 meals and lift ticket a good deal?

Thanks!! smile.gif

Thanks for the tips. I hate to ice-skate with skis. So do you think January is a good time to go? I'm planning to spend Sunday and Monday skiing...

btw, in Naeba, is Prince Hotel the only choice I have? Is 13700yen per night including 2 meals and lift ticket a good deal?

Thanks!! smile.gif