New Question : What makes Japan riding different?

They may risten but will they be equipped to understando? I have me doots...

It's good to see another gaijin on the slopes even if you don't speak - you can follow them to their fav powder hole and dive in.

NoFakie, do you prefer cream or custard with your apple crumble?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the hotels have recruited foreign staff to cater for foreign guests. Now if all the dream guests that come and block book a week at a time, using the local restaurants not 7-11 everytime they eat can just go "Nice snow, but how about some English signs and large boots in the rental shop ? Oh and could you turn that bloody music off" we may see something being done about it. Some hotels have a big say in how resorts are run.

Ocean, you've gotta have both if you ask me. Just the right amount of cinnamon too.

Lots of fresh snow in the wintertime.

Also not too many riders in Japan want to ride outside of the courses, where the real fun is!!

If you go to the right places the in the right time there will be uncrowded and as much powder you can imagine!!

And speaking for snowboarders, most places I've been to which has a halfpipe keeps the pipe in good shape.

Unlike for instance most places in my home area of Sweden.

So start off with pow, then pipe then Onsen, then beer, pass out, wake up and repeat all over again!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This is my first time posting a message even though I have been reading this Forum for the last few months. Don't ask why....(becasue I don't really know).

I love being in Japan and all it involves. I like going to Japanese resorts and meeting new Japanese people on the slopes. I find them to be generally really friendly and easy to speak to.....honest!

We find the "drink and riding" that goes on hilarious - as long as they keep away from us.

I cant see why these people spend lots of well earned greens to just stay in a cafe half the day smoking and drinking beer, then skiing or boarding badly for an hour.

!

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You hit it right on, egglesby. My friends often ask me why I like skiing in Japan so much. Is it because of the great powder? Actually, I'm not too crazy about powder. So what has Japan got that other places don't?

My answer: Lots of Japanese people!

So if the Japanese invade Whistler or other great resorts, I would probably want to go there more!

Closeness to Tokyo don't make any difference to me absolutely-san. To you maybe but....

Down here in Kobe, "closeness to Kobe" is a strong point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...