DUDES

Are you serious that they play music on the mountians??

Thats really really odd..!?!?!?

and exactly is J pop?? is that Japanese Pop music??

I think im gonna have to invest in a new walkman or mp3 play or somthing.. i wont be able to handle "JPOP" ??

Im a PUNK GIRL!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you Mudguts!!! GIVE ME METAL!!!! Nothing is better than Slipknot, Mudvayne, Coal Chamber, Deftones, KoRn, Drowning Pool, Slayer, Hed (PE), Tool, Amen , Machine Head, Soulfly, Muderdolls, Stonesour.......the list goes on and on and on and on.....

basically any metal!!!!!

PISH POSH, METAL SMETAL....

how can listening to metal while boarding mmm....

what im trying to say is, its angry it would make you go and kick skiers or mac it down a mountain and axe your self?

mmm... im more fond of the punky happy stuff...!??!

metal aint my thing?

To all of those present past and beyond,specially those that werent with us to long -life is the most precious thing that you can lose/when you were here the fun was never ending /laugh a minute was only the beginning/****** this ones for YOUUUUU! -PEnnyWise- gets you amping every damn time

I have never been into riding with headphones but I started this year. I was a little bored of riding by myself or waiting through long chairlifts. So I spent $300US on a minidisc player and spent a really long time making 3 or 4 mixed minidiscs (recording in real time sucks!). Then after less than a month the minidisc player just stopped working. I guess it got too beat up. How lame! I had decided to get the minidisc player because I though it would be the most durable. Guess not.

Strangely enough I found it kind of weird to listen to music when on the chairlift. I found it difficult to choose between chatting with people or just not going to the trouble of stopping the music and restarting it. So I would either miss out on meeting new people or have to awkwardly try to answer questions I had half heard.

I imagine Japanese aren't nearly as chatty with strangers on lifts. Is that true?

enderzero,

I got a Sony lp md player and its nice. Never had any problems with it and have had it for over 2 years on and off the slopes, camping, traveling, thrown around in my backpack, etc... even dropped the thing a few times. Not trying to pitch an ad for Sony but their mds are good. Much more durable than the Pioneer I use to use, but that thing is a dinosaur and almost 4 years old...

That's what I have noticed Rach. Even the little kids. What shocked me the most was when I smiled at a 2 or 3 year old and he just kinda stared back. This happened a few times. A smile at a little kid at home would be sure to get a smile back. Not to say I met many unfriendly people. I understand it is just a cultural difference.

BTW the MD was a Sony. The top of the line one from a couple years ago. I will probably get another one over there this year.

Capacity. Solid state Mp3 players just don't hold enough data to make it a whole day on the slopes. The flash memory cards for the players that work with interchangable players are too damn expensive. The Hard Drive mp3 players are too fragile for boarding. And the mini-cd mp3 players are too bulky, prone to skipping, and rather fragile.

My mini-disc player skipped a lot too, but not like a cd player. If it doesn't break it is the best because the MDs are cheap and easy to record to.

From what I hear, if you are riding in Japan you don't have a choice. It sounds like almost every resort blasts music. If you don't like their music you have to listen to your own.

As I said before, I only recently started listening to music while riding. It came about when I started getting a little bored of riding on long chair lifts by myself. There are good parts and bad parts. It can pump you up sometimes, but it can also be a hassle and tends to make you anti-social.