Had a happy Sunday at Nozzle.

Things were looking good when we came out of the tunnel at Obasute and everything was caked in snow.

Nozzle is charging 3,000 for a day and some of the lifts are not running. This is good as it means some of the runs just look like white kamaboko - piled high with untouched powder. Nowhere is moguled up yet. There were very few people up there although all runs are ridable down to the bottom. If you can get a day off during the week, Nozzle is the place to go.

Yesterday was pretty cold on some of the slopes, with poor visibility and strong wind, other parts were warm.

All in all a great day out. Christ but my legs hurt today.

Snow at Tashiro Kagura Mitsumata was brilliant. Thigh deep powder all over the place, 40 cms overnight on Saturday night....awesome riding (except for digging myself out and having to walk out at one point)....althou' resort was not completely open and part closed due to blizzard on Saturday, but otherwise not one complaint....

bring it on

Actually it's a remake of an old movie called Ocean's 11, and it has got nothing to do with me. Or maybe it has, I dunno. The handle comes from the Desmond Dekker song 007 (Shanty Town) of which I am inordinately fond (even if it isn't by Puffy...) Maybe Desmond was talking about the original film, it's rather hard to tell.

• 3 weeks later...