GALA Webcam - Hardly anyone on the runs!!!!!

I have just been using the GALA webcam thing (in the webcam section of this site).

I was amazed to see that there were no queues whatsoever and hardly anyone on the slopes. What's going on? This is Christmas Day?!! (Maybe not the biggest hol in Japan, but still Christmas Day!). Are the so few people venturing out this season?

Sorry, just a bit shocked - was expecting miles of queues up there. Makes me want to go there now!

Trust Ocean11 to comment like that.

Yes I know it is not a holiday, but it is also not an ordinary weekday. It is Christmas Day, the day after Christmas Eve when many young Japanese take time out with their "loved ones" and do romantic things. One activity that has been popular on CEve/CDay has been skiing and boarding. It is surprising that GALA is so garagara (empty) on a day like today. That was the point of the observation, don't take IT SO SERIOUSLY! eek.gif

"If you can go, why don't you"....

Well, I would, but I have to work today. Simply commenting that those empty slopes are enticing.

Sorry to butt in you two, but those slopes do seem to be suspiciously empty - even for a weekday Christmas day.

But hey isn't that good news for us? The biggest problem with GALA has always been the crowds, so if they disappear??? smile.gif = happy, doesn't it?

47 surprisingly empty today. Hard snow so some v fast riding. It also forces a larger proportion of the people on the flatter slopes like the run at the top in front of the goryu gondola. You know, the one with the really slow lift.

Carve it baby !

Typical Japan though in that the lift attendants that had been wearing santa suits all week didn't have them on today. Christmas in Japan for you. Anybody queue to get in a love hotel last night ?