Quote:
Originally posted by Yamakashi:
is nagoya considered part of kansai?
i'm gonna go with "no" on that one. i'm sure nagoya-jin would think that'd be pretty funny. i've heard nagoya is also known as inaka-shi. lol.gif anyone else heard this?

yeah, yama, i imagine about the novas.

i met a guy in the states that was about to head over on nova, but i didn't want to break the bad news to him. figure he'd find out.

about me, not to beat this in the ground, but med school wouldn't let me defer for yet another year -- too bad as it is... \:\(

Quote:
relatively - between osaka and kobe

but, is nagoya considered part of kansai?
Definately NO. I'm originally from Osaka but we never thought Nagoya is a part of Kansai.
But interesting thing is people in Mie prefecture speak Kansai dialect though they are located real close to Nagoya.
 Quote:
Originally posted by gamera:
 Quote:
relatively - between osaka and kobe

but, is nagoya considered part of kansai?
But interesting thing is people in Mie prefecture speak Kansai dialect though they are located real close to Nagoya.
I hear osaka-ben A LOT in Hakuba...is it that a lot of people go there from Mie, then?

crazyski---R U enjoying Raging Buffalo and Vila Oliva \:D now that Ur back in sweet home chicago?

dizzy, if only i knew what raging buffalo and vila oliva were... wakaranai.gif \:D

as for the no time post-med school thing, i plan fully to have some free time. ER docs work on shifts, often twelve 12-hour shifts a month. that's like JET hours. Then the ER docs can volunteer to be expedition docs in the himalaya, antarctica and such. that's the plan... :p