The problem is the baseplate, not the bindings themselves. You need a 3D baseplate (a 3 holed fitting to screw the binding onto the board) to fit onto a Burton board, but most binding manufacturers and outlets will provide you with one of these for free if you ask when buying. All other board manufacturers use a more standard 4 holed system for fixing their bindings. Does anyone know why Burton insists on doing this? 4 screws must be stronger than 3?

You can buy plastic 3D baseplates for quite cheap if you already have your bindings.

burton invented the 3d (3 screws) system and saved the patent for it. so the other manufacturers had to pay or to invent another system.

i guess it's just the stubborness of burton, cause they didn't get theyr inovation paid.

Your welcome pdr! thanks ivo! By the way ivo, how's the season going in CH this year? I hear better in the east than the west but still not good. I used to live and slide there, but now after discovering Japan powder there seems no going back... Still, Verbier's terrain and size has to be seen to be believed!

Quote:
Originally posted by Twiki:
By the way ivo, how's the season going in CH this year? I hear better in the east than the west but still not good.

it's getting better,i usually don't expect the big dump before new year...
but i noticed that there are a lot more people in the backcountry, even if the conditions aren't good, than 2 years ago...

if i can't get enough pow this season in switzerland, i will come for a week or two to japan again this year!!!! (be aware!!)

snowboards use to have inserts, to fix the binding with screws on the baord

a burton snowboard (3D system) looks like this:

nose -> ( .:.: .:.: ) <- tail

(the dots should show you the inserts wink.gif, the single insert would be in the middle...)

all the other snowboards (4x4 system) looks like this:

( :::: :::: )

the distance between the holes are standart and should be on every board the same (kissmark might be special smile.gif )

hope you understand this...

the three-hole system makes sense because by overlapping the triangles, burton has created between-triangle slots by moving down a slot and flipping the triangle. It sounds complex, but it means there are more available positions per threaded hole, thus meaning it's a simpler machine. It irritated me for a while too before I realized that. ps Burton rocks the house.