'Minami' in Jinbocho, near Ochanomizu stn, has good selection. You can buy everything in there. (Well, Jinbocho has many many snowboard/ski shops so you will see many many shops on street)

But usually I go local snowboard shop in Nerima, 'cos good service, better quality for snowboarding gear, i.e. board, binding, etc..... I go Minami only for wear, if the shop doesn't have stock...

I don't know where you live and how serious you are... but Minami is good.

Nat - actually, I'm looking for gear; specifically, Switch Team X Bindngs with boots in size 28. All the shops I've been to in the Kanagawa area (Alpen Sports, Victoria, Himalaya) don't seem to have anything over 27.5. Have you got a phone number or website address for that shop in Nerima?

In Nagano prefecture's Alpen shops and Xebio they have those boots in 28 and 29 - if you pester them enough in Tokyo, you should be able to get them to send them to your nearest shop. I got Xebio to get hold of a 29 but it was too small.

But service in Japan is nearly dead - these people won't sell to you unless you threaten them. They'll probably try the 'if we order them, you'll have to buy them' line. I always enjoy asking Taro Partimer the 'salesman' if_he_would buy snowboard boots on that system. Taro's brow furrows at this, and sometimes a little light appears to come on, but only briefly. Then he says 'Probably not' and goes back to being an obstructionist jerk.

Good luck with getting boots - and don't go asking Switch either - they don't give a sh!t whether you buy their boots or not.

After 2.5 hours of looking around in Jinbocho for the Vans/Switch combo, nothin'! Unbelivable! What is up with that? Forced to get a higher priced Burton/Burton set up instead.

Maybe too late.... but

inyoface, I don't think A.C. Candy, the shop in Nerima, sells Vans...But website is http://www.roy.hi-ho.ne.jp/cfpt/ ( All in Japanese)

And this is Vans Japan's website: http://www.vansjapan.com/index.html

...but to be honest, Limited size of boots and binding are available in Japan....

[This message has been edited by Nat (edited 05 January 2002).]