Is anyone braving the slopes at the moment?

My friend Matt is out skiing right now. He said yesturday was the best day of his season. And the best since an amazing day last January. He is using my Fat skis.

I am not going to be in a good mood when he comes back to my place to tonight raving about how amazing it was.

But I will get out in Saturday. I'll let the snow settle a bit.

Make a differnce by teaching people how to ski maybe.....

considering he has no say in foreign poilicy cause he will have to do as he is told. I hope he doesnt feel too bad when I ski deep pow and he is telling someone to can it, and trade with the us.

I think all the "make a difference" people in Washington have been eased out in favour of yes men like Gonzalez. Nice of the USA to appoint a torturer on the anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz (by the Soviet Union).

Back on the subject, I got out for a few runs yesterday and today. Nothing we've not seen before in Hakuba, but epic all the same. It's still coming down lightly and the wind was whipping up towards the end, so we should see some redistribution.

Steep wide slope + waist-deep untouched + crap telemarker with midfats = \:D \:D \:D

Quote:
Originally posted by miteyak:
Something in the final statement is untrue...
Nah, I have been taking the telemark turn to a new low in elegance lol.gif . They'll be no-one waxing lyrical about the gracefulness of my style. Damned good fun in the fresh and deep though, even if it is turn, turn, turn, eat snow, turn, wobble, do splits, eat snow.

It looks like on/off snow to the weekend, so I might make it out for a change Fatty.

My friend was out yesturday. He said it was crazy deep.

He found a Japanese skier who had fallen down the hill on his back with his skis up the hill above him. Snow had covered his body and face and all that was sticking out was his boots and skis. He had to dig around and clear his face of snow. Scary shit.

Fattwins - all my positive thinking is working, my throat feels better taday!!! Hopin to make it up!!! How much is a Shink from Nagoya back? Guessing like 5000 yen...

Ill give ya a buzz later - leavin school early to go to immigration today and then playin billiards with a mate.

sorry bout being outta touch yesterday...

Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
My friend Matt is out skiing right now. He said yesturday was the best day of his season. And the best since an amazing day last January.
dude, what day in january last year? is that the one i supposedly missed? or that day we shot video at nagereha?

yeah, i just looked at snow maps of japan and sure wish i were there instead of studying innervation of the oropharynx. wakaranai.gif

hopefully utah gets snow in the next week...for my sanity's sake.
  • SnowJapan Admin

I've never known as much snow in Yuzawa as there is now, it just won't stop. There's 4 eek.gif meters of snow opposite my house at the moment. There's hardly anyone out there on the slopes at the moment too so if it does clear up just a bit for the weekend it's going to be just perfect out there.

Just came back from Gala Yuzawa, it was snowing hard all day. Sooooooooo much powder, even on the groomers! Even the Sincansen was delayed from the snowstorm. Visibility was really bad the snow condition was perfect. I had great day.