So what are the better resorts for a day trip from Tokyo? And getting there without a car?

i just moved out here from seattle where i was used to driving an hour or two after work to ski 3 days a week...i guess those days are over but i'd like to try to get in a day or two a week.

Gala Yuzawa = The slopes for 1 day trip. U can get cheap package deal @ JR-Higashinihon, usually about JPY126000-(inc. Shingansen returen tickets & 1 day lift pass) If you leave Tokyo stn. @ 7:00ish in the morning, U will get there at 8.30ish. The slopes are just outside of Gala Yuzawa stn.... 1min to go. And Last Shinkansen is around7.00pm.

And I plan 2 go 2 slopes every weekend by my car(Although... Due to illegal parking tickets etc.... My car licence is disquilified now....I need 2 go 2 police office 4 solving my licence ASAP). If you don't mind, I can take you with snowboarders who are I met on this website.

Cheers

[This message has been edited by Nat (edited 05 January 2002).]

did you really mean 126,000 yen for the JR package deal? or can i take a zero off.... thanks.

Quote:
Originally posted by Nat:

Gala Yuzawa = The slopes for 1 day trip. U can get cheap package deal @ JR-Higashinihon, usually about JPY126000-(inc. Shingansen returen tickets & 1 day lift pass) If you leave Tokyo stn. @ 7:00ish in the morning, U will get there at 8.30ish. The slopes are just outside of Gala Yuzawa stn.... 1min to go. And Last Shinkansen is around7.00pm.

And I plan 2 go 2 slopes every weekend by my car(Although... Due to illegal parking tickets etc.... My car licence is disquilified now....I need 2 go 2 police office 4 solving my licence ASAP). If you don't mind, I can take you with snowboarders who are I met on this website.

Cheers

did you really mean 126,000 yen for the JR package deal? or can i take a zero off.... thanks.

Quote:
Originally posted by Nat:

Cheers

You can get day-return packages to several resorts from JR. Mostly you go to Eichigo Yuzawa station in Niigata on the Shinkansen, then get a shuttle bus from in front of the station. Done it tons of times. Go into the JR office on Saturday afternoon, get ticket, leave Tokyo around 6:30on Sunday morning, on the slopes from 9 to 4 or 5, back home for around 9pm.

There's prob. 10 or more resorts there. Kagura Mitsumata (which now links to Naeba), Kandatsu, Iwappara, etc. The tickets cost Y11500 to maybe Y15000.