Never seen one of them.

Unless it was a very smooth and clean bar, I wouldn't want to be resting my board on it anyway.

I usually hook my right foot under my board as I don't like it hanging down.

Notice the way even quad lifts leave the bottom with just one rider even when there's a long line forming. 'Shiranai hito bakkashi dakkara sa'.

Originally posted by Ocean11:

Unless it was a very smooth and clean bar, I wouldn't want to be resting my board on it anyway.

In all the places I've seen the bars (in Europe), they have some sort of rubber tube around the bar to protect the base & edges...

And wouldn't mind having the bars here either, it's always nice to give your legs a rest - so my question is the same, why don't they have them here?

I agree with Boo & Kuma.

And I would like to say that:

"We(Girls) need to have [lifts with bars] for resting our sensitive feet!"

I saw only 2 lifts with bars in North Japan...Why many resorts have lift with no bars?

Well to answer this earnest questionning, I'd probably say that either the Japanese are cheap and don't care how your tired feet feel, or otherwise it's the anzen daiichi, or Japan is safety country. Could these things possibly be a hazard? Could someone conceivably get their ride stuck and be dismembered by the chair as it passes over them? I dunno, but I speck it's one or t'other.

forget the footrests...

I want more high speed quads!

lifts are too slow in japan...

and liftlines are worse...they need

to work on lift line organization skills here...single lines don't even start until

you are like 5 people away from the lift...

(you can ignore my whining if you want...)

danz

------------------

pray for snow

think about that! more lift capacity means less people waiting on the bottom means more people on the slope!

about the rest bar, could it be that european lift companies (doppelmayer, caraventa, CVA) have them and the rest (american or japanese) don't build them??