No music...

just random announcements at a fairly

regular interval...i think they are for

missing people or something...annoying, but

much easier to block out that glay

danz

------------------

pray for snow

Nozawa only plays music in one spot, and so quietly you can't really tell what it is. Everywhere else is quiet.

Oh, except for those hilarious announcements where they say 'A Forum snowboard with many stickers has been mistakenly taken from Zone A, and we have here a very inconvenienced customer. Would you please check your board and see if it isn't a Forum board with stickers all over it' ie, matey's had his board stolen and is going to have to buy a new one, and maybe a lock this time.

We built this city !

Thus started one of the sad tunes they had on at 47 this week in an 80s revival. They even had Sting's "Russians" on. I was hoping I'd never heard that one again. Check out the Welsh raver film "Human Traffic" for a great Sting gag.

Among Belinda Carlisle, Heart and all the normal dross, we did get "Alphabet St", but good tunes were few and far between.

Oh christ yes!

I remember now! The one time I went to AK47 they had that tape in the slot. I f**kin' hate that 'built this city' song!! It really sticks inside your head don't it? And (getting all musical analytical here), it isn't even rock and roll! mad.gif

And Sting, well, I always think of him as the singing Eng Lit teacher - puts the pretentious geek in perspective quite nicely I find.

Sting went commercial when he went solo, yada yada, but, his vocals are hard to beat. The Police (1st 2 albums especially) were in my opinion, 1 of THE BEST rock bands ever...but then egos started exploding etc..and where is Andy Summers nowadays??

Tenjindaira just before New Year was mountain to mountain Morning f*****g Musume. Imagine, one of THE places for hardcore boarders (which doesn't include me) and that's what they play. The snowplough had to go out and rescue a guy around lunchtime: up to his neck in powder and going nowhere. People say he'd got out of his depth and fallen over, but I reckon he was doing a Capt. "I am just going outside and may be some time" Oates after the tenth time of hearing "Love Machine". I was almost ready to do it myself.