Does anyone with kids take them along? I hear that Kita Shiga lets kids ride free on the lifts up till junior high. Otherwise, the cost would be prohibitive. (Don't the management worry about the declining attendance and like, wonder what they might do about it? Take yer nippers along and get 'em started wouldja? That'll costya, hurhur.)

Anybody regularly go boarding with a little kid? I'd like to start my 4 year old off soon...

started skiing when 2.

Took our 5yr old up over new yrs to Joetsu Kokusai for the 1st time and he's a natural!..well, not quite, but the ski school there was great w/ little ones and he had such a great time and all..Kurumayama is also supposed to have good, "long gelendes for small children." We're going tomorrow..should be an awesome weekend. worried about the crowds though...

Happy trails

started skiing when I was 3...hated it, my parents made me do it, every year for 10 years they made me ski. but then I started high school and my parents thought I shouldn't have any time of school so they decided to stop skiing for afew years. but I 13yrs now and I wanted to confuse my parents so I joined my school ski team.

I skiing and boarding hardcore ever since.

I actually started fairly late too - when I was 16. My parents took me to France and that's where I had my "hatsu taiken".

Never looked back since then of course.

I started when I was about 7 years old - lived in Germany then about an hour from the hills. Every winter we spent about 20 days sliding down the mountains......ah, memories

11 started sking at silver star in BC

anyone else out there from BC?

hitting the powder triangle next seasonwith my pension refund....

Chamonix and maybe Austria?

Jackson

Snowbird

Alta

BC (Fernie, Whitewater etc)

up to Alaska

any tips/inside scoop?