Yo, I hate to complain (really), but what's with all these 'Please tell me nice skijo' and 'What's cheap place' and 'Do you like snow' kind of topics?

I'd like to point out the SJG have provided a great deal of information in a variety of accessible formats on this site that answer most of this kind of question.

So can we keep this BBS to the more interesting and specific kind of topic like 'Pointers for jumping off the chairlift midhill' and 'Problems associated with snowboarding with your trousers worn fashionably low'? - that sort of thing.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Here. Here.

There was at least 10 of these this morning (You can spot them all cos they have zero replies). I dont like wasting my time on topics of no interest, especially when I am supposed to be working ! (Time to go and read the newspaper after I have checked the SJG).

Regarding your 'Problems associated with snowboarding with your trousers worn fashionably low', I did hear a very funny story once about something similar. Its probarly an urban myth, but what the hell. AS I heard the story, it happened in Sweden, where a girl decided to take a leak in the woods. After she had dropped her trousers etc. around her ankles, she failed to notice that she was actually stopped on a hill. When she bent down to take a leak, she starting moving backwards. Now trying to ski backwards is one thing, but try doing that with your knickers around your ankles is a different story. So she ends up sking across the slope, and decides that the most efficent way to stop, is to plant her ass in the snow. She then ends up in hospital, with cuts and bruises and friction burns, only to overhear some guy who walk into the emergency room relay the story that he was sking down the slope minding his own business, when suddenly a girl comes sking backwards out of the woods half naked, and that was when he lost concentation, and crashed.

Urban ledgend or truth, does anyone know ?

smile.gif

i have to agree with Ocean11. trousers worn at the wrong height in this day and age is simply unforgivable.

Batman, methinks i have heard the same story, only it was set in Lake Louise....

Of graver importance in all of this is... where are the all the cute boardin' bobs at? i scan the mighty white for them cute boys to come riding past but alas... perhaps it has something to do with me catching my front edge and not looking the right way up.....!! or perhaps something more sinister is at hand?

anyways, cheers for the amazing snow. off to naeba this weekend, have a great one all.

The story of the unfortunate lady sounds like something with a nugget of truth behind it, embellished over the years. Depending on the speed achieved by this backwards girl, the injuries might have been quite serious. Snow enema anybody? eek.gif

I'm referring of course to these young men who like to wear their trousers halfway down their arse, even when snowboarding. Usually the top of the trousers is covered with some horrible baggy upper garment so one is left to imagine how the waistband might be maintained in that impractical position.

But last time I went boarding, I saw some lower primate with his strides riding low on his bum and a good deal of white underpants and white back exposed to the public and the elements. I can only guess that he rode taking great care not to wipe out as doing so would surely result in great discomfort. I've had some harsh things to say about skier's fashion, but at least they seem to know the rudiments of getting dressed.

well ocean11...

that is just because of our high society

high class upbringing...you know, table

manners, potty training, and even how to

get dressed... smile.gif

danz

------------------

pray for snow