Hi all,

I will travel to Tokyo soon and now looking for the best ski resort in Yuzawa because of its convenient transport.

Please help me to decide.

And Gala Yuzawa, Yuzawa-Kougen and Ishiuchi Maruyama have a shared life ticket. Do they connected together by lifts? Can I rent ski equipment in Gala and then use in Ishiuchi Maruyama?

If another knows, please explain.

Gordon Kwan from Hong Kong

Connected by lifts yes. Yes, ok to the rental question too (but you have to return the stuff to the original resort).

Best resorts in Yuzawa?

1 Kagura

2 Naeba

3 GALA (when not busy)

4 Iwappare

4 Kandatsu

Many thanks to Francis!

Actually I am planning to have a 1 day trip (arrive early & return late) to a ski area close to Tokyo.

Is Yuzawa a good choice?

I choose it mainly because of its convenient transport from Tokyo.

Any other suggestions?

I agree with the Kagura is best theory.

GALA/Ishiuchi is also a good combination (Ishiuchi technically in Shiozawa Town).

Naeba is good and with the link up to Kagura makes for a really big area. Heard there are big queues for the gondola as everyone wants to use it.

Cal

Yuzawa is undoubtedly a great choice as a place near to Tokyo, and some decent resorts there too. I like Naeba myself and Iwappara is a decent resort too when the snow is good. They are the only 2 I have tried out in Yuzawa....

• 3 weeks later...

comments on Iwappara - just got back from there last week. If it is a snowy day, or at least cloudy with some fresh snow, it is an EXCELLENT spot for beginners verging on intermediate. It is a VERY South side resort, so it gets the full strength of the sun, which really craps out the conditions by early afternoon (excellent for the morning of course). We boarded for two days there, first day, full sun, beautiful weather, but hard packed by early afternoon. next day, 30cm of fresh powder, in fact, too much for the top, since it wasn't even steep enough to be able to cut your own lines, BUT my wife just loved it. tons of beginner runs, and the snow was fresh all day. first time she put in a full day this season cuz the conditions were so nice! also, excellent lunch buffet right in the middle of the mountain (can't miss it - big sign)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all.

In Yuzawa I really like Kagura area (not connecting to Naeba, but it's just too big), Kandatsu (good when not crowded) and GALA/Ishiuchi.

Very easy - and quick - to get to from Tokyo.