Crowded or not this season? Any thoughts?

The 3 times I have been out this season it has been decidedly NOT busy....even in popular places like Hakuba. What's it been like for you? Some of these resorts must be hurting big time.

cal

I have been to Shiga Kogen (Okushiga/Yakebitaiyama) and Yuzawa (Iwappara, Kandatsu Kogen) on weekdays this season so far and all I can say is - EMPTY. Almost no-one else there.

Weekdays are just awesome if you can afford to take days off work or work in a job that allows you to.

There's a shakeout a'comin' methinks. These places will just have to figure out some extra fun things to do.

Here's a partial list:

Powder runs

Trials of new kit (funskis, ****bikes etc.)

Mexican food

Mixed bathing onsens

Gladiatorial combat on snow

Massages

Massages with BJs

• 2 weeks later...

A big "not".

I have just come off the slopes of Ishiuchi Maruyama - great conditions, almost no-one on the slopes.....I mean REALLY empty. Can't be more than 100 people there today, and it's a big resort!

I had a great time anyway.

Everywhere seems really un-busy from what I have seen this season. Even places like Naeba (I went there last Friday) were not busy.

The busiest I have experienced this season was at Suginohara just after New Year on a Saturday, but it was bearable.

• 3 weeks later...

We were at Manza onsen recently and it was really empty, we almost had the courses to ourselves. Which is nothing to complain about, though it would be interesting to know how "healthy" some of these companies are right now.

This season is definitely the least busy season I have seen at the resorts I've been to (Nozawa, Shiga, Gunma resorts, Hunter, Zao, Hokkaido resorts). Weekends there are a fair few people out there - of course - but not unbearably so at all.

Having a great season.

akibun, that's right for the most part, but last Wednesday I went to Nozzle and there were a good few people out. Not that it was crowded or anything, but I did wonder how so many people could take time off midweek. They can't all be unemployed like me...

I just came back from a week in Tohoku, and spent a day at Appi, 2 days Shizukuishi and then went over to Akitako.

Hardly anyone at all 3 places.

So could have been better, but wasn't a disaster.

Good 3 days.

I actually went out to Tenjindaira yesterday and had a great day, even tho snow is not the best. Not terrible eithet though. Very few people around.