Anyone know of any backcountry Cat skiing?

There used to be some on Mt Iwaki in Aomori ken but they went under a couple of years ago.

What's the word? Any in Hokkaido? (Niseko?) Nagano? Niigata?

When is Japan going to catch on to this? The BC action sports industry has taken off since helis and cats made headway in the 70s.... serious coin from the States into the powder triangle there...... look at Island Lake Lodge....prime cat op....booked solid for the next three years!

Check out http://www.powdermag.com for some sweet backcountry articles.

Sumikawa snowpark on the Miyagi side of Zao offer a cat serive, but it is usually booked out prettty quickly and the resort is prtty flat. The cat tour looks great though. I have never managed to get booked on in time,...I was green with envy when i sam them loading up the cat to heat up to the top of Zao. They also offer the spaces for non skiers and boarders as a return trip...to see the snowmonster. GRRRRRR!!! What a waste of spare seat in a cat!! bloody Japanese tourists!! Grrr!

If anyone gets to ride teh cat please report back on this board.

Martin

That is so cruel, I can't believe you people even admit to doing that. The cat might look 'cute' or 'funny' strapped in, but let me tell you, it's no fun for the cat.

First it's cat scans, then it's bonsai cats, and now it's cat skiing. How low will you people sink? Christ! Take them boarding or get a life!!

cat skiing...

you ride those big snow-cats, usually

used for gromming the mtn, up the mtn

to a place where lifts wont take you...

you get out and ski pow...

danz

------------------

pray for snow

Not sure Ocean...can I call you Ocean?

You know any beautiful sultry Rachaels from west London?

I'm off for the weekend, see ya Monday.