drunkard, it's always heartwarming to find a weekend p!sshead on a bbs! Happy daze...

roller, you need to find yourself a company or school in Nagano, or get a metier that you can do freelance. Nagano isn't just the place to be in winter either - the other months are really nice too. Not too hot in summer, plenty to do. The weather's the best of any of the 4 prefectures I've lived in, with the most sunny days.

Or you could live in sophisticated Tokyo (titter)

This thread sounds like an invitation to gloat to me

40CM OF WICK-ED POW AT HAKUBA MORE TOMORROW YES ! YES !

Ahem, where was I?

Oh yes, city versus country, that one. A lot of you dudes complain about nowhere good to party, well that's it almost all the time. Virtually 3-6-5. There are wicked events on in Tokyo all the time. As just one example, that Brazilian drum'n'bass DJ, DJ Marky, played in Shibuya last Friday. He made one of my favourite tunes from last year ("LK" - check it out Klubhead) so had I had less work I would deffo have wanted to go. I bet the kids that got down with the man had a great time. Much better than the boarders in Sunday's gale, that's for sure.

If your idea of a night out is a skinful at your local chain izakaya, then I don't suppose you'll be missing much by leaving the city behind. The chance to ogle lots of good-looking ladies and dudes maybe. If your work situation, allows it, maybe you should give the countryside a go.

For me, I've found Nagano to be a nice place to live. Out of boarding season, you can always hike up the mountains, which stays with you a lot longer than a good day's boarding, or do a great variety of other outdoor stuff. Unlike the city, it's fun, easy, and pleasant to drive a car and it costs you bugger all to park it. If you're after perfection, the scenery and food are better in Hokkaido, I reckon, but it's too cold up there for me. In my part of Nagano (near Hakuba) it doesn't get very sunny in summer (cloudy/hazy most of the time) and the rainy season is vicious, but it's far more pleasant than in the city. The quality of the air in Osaka/Tokyo always shocks me when I get to go.

Hi roller.

Ive lived in Hakuba for more than 12 years, exactly it's cool to live in here if you dont mind it's countryside - i mean fewer bars, clubs, depertment stores.

I agree with NoFakie. Lot of mountains to hike.

Only hard thing is to removing snow in winter. Especially when it snows crazy like this winter, sometimes it almost kills you to remove snow. Think about it - actually my snowthrower got broken now!!!!! and it's too old to repair ( they say it's nearly 30 years' old one!), impossible to get parts to repair it. And though even i didnt know it's impossible to get new one in winter because snowthrowers are not common ones, only people who live in snowy places need one.. So they don't produce any in winter!!!!

Now I need to shovel frown.gif

Oh and it's not so cheap frown.gif, the one i thought good costs 1.9 million yen!

If you can stay with this situation, i think you can SURVIVE!

Of course not all of Nagano is that snowy. Hakuba, Omachi and Iiyama always seem to get a lot of snow, but the central parts don't get more than a couple of dumps a year. If you live in the central parts, you have to travel to get your fix - if you live on the edges, you can get your fix everyday, but you have to dig too.