Yeah well sillywilly, you clearly haven't read much of the site now, have you?

The reader reviews of the resorts are full of information on precisely those resorts you mention, as are many of the comments on this board. There are suggestions on where to stay too, if you look. Pretty much the whole site is lamenting the recent warm weather, and you can find info on the current weather in, guess where, the forecast section.

So silly, why not have a poke around and see what's here before you go posting inane questions of the type that pop up here, oh, at least once a week? That would be most appreciated old chap.

Am I missing something??? Isn't a forum to discuss things? I simply posed a question hoping someone who had been to any of these places recently or has an opinion would share. Thank you 7-11 for sharing. If Ocean11 has enough time to tell me to look at the website and preach about how this forum should be used, you would think he would have enough time to share a tip or two. I HAVE POKED AROUND THE WEBSITE CHAP!! That is why I am asking people on the board for tips. If you don't have any you don't need to go out of your way to tell me to look at the website. Thanks for nothing.

Sorry "silly" "willy", but I am with ug and Ocean on this one.

It is not your question that is being criticized, just the way that there are literally hundreds of opinions on what you are asking on this very board, etc etc, as Ocean pointed out.

Makes out as if you are just l-a-z-y. Or maybe just "silly".

smile.gif

Don't take us too seriously.

PS Nozawa and Hakuba have been great this season, apart from a lull in mid January when winter put on it's spring coat for a while.....

sillywilly

you have missed the WHOLE point.

ocean11 advised you to look over other posts etc - like the other shiga kogen vs hakuba post that you replied to just before.

the point was that these issues have been discussed many a time already.

sillywilly, what's the problem? If you look at the threads that include 'Nozawa', 'Hakuba', 'accomodation' etc., you should be able to find quite a bit of information.

Also the reader's reviews of the resorts have opinions on the resorts.

The individual resort pages have info on transport and links to the homepages of the resorts, which usually have maps.

If you're having trouble looking at this BBS, maybe you need change the 'Show topics...' setting.

And if you can't find what you're looking for then you can't be helped. Frankly.

Hey SillyWilly,

Great post - I think the people here need to chill out a little bit. As for me I'm new to Japan this year and have had somewhat of a hard time finding info about ski areas. There are over 600 ski areas here. To say that this website is the end all be all of info is ridiculous. So I've only skied a few times this year but this is what I have to say. Been to Happo-One a few times. Lots of lifts - equals about the same number of trails. Trails get crowded. Got some good snow. Good bump skiing and the village is kind of cool there. Not much for steeps though - compared to Lake Tahoe area. Then have also been to Mt. Arai up further north. Just a day trip there. Lots of snow. They have two quad chairs that access some nice terrain. I think they had a 4.5m base when I was there. Much less crowded than Happo which I liked. I'm heading back up there in a few weekends. Anyone out there know where some good tree skiing is with not too much on the crowded side of things. Hope this helped out some.

Greg

WHAT IS GOING ON?

We are not saying this site is the be all and end all - just that there is a lot of other posts on this forum and info to be found, and advising that sillywilly took a bit more of a look around.

I'm finished with this topic anyway, getting boring.

And I am well chilled out.

I will offer some help Sillywilly.

Hakuba is a great place - lots of resorts, loads of snow this season, parties in the evenings. Shiga is a different kind of atmo - quieter, but there is some awesome action to be had on the slopes. More difficult to find a party at night, but if you don't need that, then hey! Both are great places, just a little different in profile

OK OK OK!

Sillywilly - welcome to the site and the forum - hope you aren't put off for any reason smile.gif

We do hope that you can find lots of the basic info on the site. But we also acknowledge of course that there is always more info out there and that it is good to hear other peoples opinions. A good place to start to find more is on this Forum and our Reviews section ( here ).

If you have any specific questions, then please do feel free to send us a mail at editor@skijapanguide.com and we will try to get back to you.

In the meantime, enjoy the site and your winter in Japan.

Everyone else! Remember when you were new to the winter sports scene here?! smile.gif All you veterens out there...maybe we can help out these newies with some kind words and help!?

Let's friendly forum-ing.

Ski Japan Guide

[This message has been edited by Ski Japan Guide (edited 29 January 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Ski Japan Guide (edited 29 January 2002).]

This year has been a bit wierd if you ask me. There was ace snow early on in January, but a big lull for about 2 weeks just recently when everything warmed up. Luckily the snow seems to be back with us if the weather reports are to be believed which is really good news - maybe the conditions will be back to winter standard again in time for the coming weekend.

Yuzawa is the easiest to get to by train. I think you should be able to find info on that in the travel sections.

Places to stay, sorry can't help you out - I am a day tripper for the most part, and when I do stay over it is usually dossin down with friends.

Good luck. Don't worry about Ocean-chan - he's just having a bad day!!!! (Hey, Ocean!?)

helen

Thanks Teleskier and Helen for the information, exactly what I was looking for. I have been to all 4 places over the years I was just looking for some other people's opinions and ideas and after being scolded by the post masters I have finally got some good info. I am by no means critizing the site in general because this is an excellent site with all kinds of information that I would never be able to get elsewhere. Thanks everyone for the info and the posts and the banter........