Actually, musings aside, I do have a serious question to ask fellow boarders.

I get some serious heel lift in my boots which I assume is not normal. I am between a rock and a hard place because:

(a) my boots fit perfectly everywhere else (they are Northwave if that has any bearings on prospective advisors, and I use Burton bindings)

(B) if i do the inner laces up tight, I get cramp and then my feet fall asleep from the ball of my feet to my toes. Numb. I am no medical genius here, but my toes are telling me this can't be good. But, no heel lift and great board control for the first hour, agony thereafter..

© I loosen the inner laces and the feeling goes away, but the heel lift comes back and this = loss of control on the board.

I have tried all sorts of combinations - thinner/thicker socks, looser boots tighter bindings, looser inner laces/tighter outers etc., but I have not found a happy medium as yet. Is an inner sole the way to go forward? Any one else experience the same problems, and if so, any advice?

Okay, I am leaving work now and will shut up for the night but any [helpful] thoughts would be most appreciated.

insoles and all that junk wont help you.

they will hurt you more than help you,

as anything you change will change the

position of your foot in the boot and the

angle of your foot over the board.

i hate to say it, but what you need are

stiffer, better boots.

i used to have all kinds of heellift

problems, but then i got some decent boots

(DC Revolution 2), now no more heellift,

and I'm not using my ankles to turn either.

and yes heellift is a serious problem, you

can get some nasty cramps in your arches.

now no heel lift

it's all about the boots!

mainly you can say, cheap boots = more heel lift, expensiv boots = less heel lift.

ok, it is possible that the cheap boot model matches better on YOUR feet...

so what you can do to minimize this problem is, 1. trining as much boots as you can!

2. if you found 2 or 3 boots that match your feet, ask the guys on the shop to prepare "your binding" on a board, then let them "hold" the board, while you staing in the bindings and try to lift your heel.

oh yes, a possibility for your problems could be the high back on your bindings!

check if you have a "M" or an "L" size, if your boot is fixed on the heel just by pushing it back in the binding, then you should try larger bindings or high backs!

burton custom bindings used to have some black rubber pads on the heel of the highback you might take them out, it maybe helps also!

Get some heel anchors!

Made by Dakine I think, if not it's Bakoda, but there probably others as well. Have not tried them personally, but have heard they work really well. They cost about $20US, so whatever that works out to in your local $$$ is still a lot cheaper than forking out for new boots

Here, found this http://www.dakine.com/frontend/catalog.asp?session=868524111620&se=6&ca=7&sca=Boot&i=2200-150-21#

[This message has been edited by sarge (edited 01 February 2002).]