Better mountains - US or Canada?

I have the chance to go to either the US or Canada skiing early next month and don't really know too much about the places over there. Anyone with first hand experience who can help out at all with a bit of a hint?

six of one, half a dozen tha other.

have had the opportunity to check out both and in my humble opinion i`d rank tha u.s. just in front of canada. me fave place would have to be Jackson Hole. its about as close to heli-skiing as ya can get without jumpin in a choppa. lots of steep and at tha right time of year has lots o` deep.

another place which got me goin in B.C. was Red mountain.

lyk anythin really, its what ya make of it.

one hint for ya though. what i do whenever i go to a new resort is go to tha school and ask if any instructors would mind showin ya a few `secret` runs. offer `em lunch or a few beers for their trouble and you should get ta score for sure. you might haf ta wait around for a bit, cos they`ve gotta wait an see if they get work, but its well worth tha wait.

give us more hints!!

are you boarder or skier, are you in freestyle or carving, intrested in pauda or groomed slopes, how good do you ride, how much time will you spent, do you like to have party or just sitting at home.....???

as more as we know about u as better we can help!!

if you've got limited time, I'd stick with the US. Canada's got some wonderful stuff (esp Big White), but they're all really far apart (at least B.C.).

Then again, canada's cheaper with the currency (at least relative to the dollar).

In Utah/Colorado you can hit a huge variety of big mountains within a reasonable driving distance. Tahoe's got that going for it as well but the snow isn't anywhere as dry.

All time fav=Alta. No snowboarders allowed though you might like Snowbird out there. Another way to find hidden powder is to sign up for an advanced class--these are usually a blast because the instructor takes you to some insane hidden part of the mountain, then shows you a couple tricks to ride it faster.