Olympic History:

Competing in first Olympics.

Back to the top

Ross Powers

Birthday: February 10, 1979

Hometown: South Londonberry, Vt.

Olympic History:

Competing in first Olympics.

No-one over 5'9 (1m75cm) ! Terje's 5'9" too, and I think Jussi Oksanen's a bit shorter. Only Ross Powers is over 145lb (65 kg) ! A sport for the little guys it seems. Must be easier for them to do the spins.

In that Big Air contest at Tokyo Dome, Shaun White was riding a 156 Custom, so he must have some power to get enough flex with his 115 lb frame. He must be 15kg under the recommended range for the board. It's not as if he's riding pow either.

How about a snowboard biathlon with a sharpened boomerang ? Or Ninja throwing stars ? Or a blowpipe ? Rifles seem too old skool for snowboarding.

weddlez you weasel you, no I'm not! Well, sort of not. My missus likes to see them so I sometimes cop a peek. She's already tired of me saying 'Christ I HATE the Olympics!'

My four year old and I had a good time imitating those Injuns at the opening ceremony - did anybody catch what they said in that extinct language of theirs? Wasn't it moving?

I might watch the snowboarding. I wonder if they can have somebody from the local Nagano news-station do the narration and slip in a few slurs about how new and dangerous it all is.

How's Britain doing? Are we winning?