Hunting down the decent snow this weekend....

What do you mean, conditions aren't the best. I've checked out several weather sites, and they all seem to concurr, snow all (long) weekend. I'd get (am gettin')myself to Naggers. Head for resorts nearer the (Japan sea) coast, as the weather system's coming from the North.

WHAT? eek.gif

Conditions are worse than average right now with little new snow over the last few weeks?

It may snow tomorrow, it may not - they are known to be wrong you know - but conditions will only improve after the new snow.

Conditions are the best?? For ice skating perhaps.

It hasn't snowed all week, the temperatures have been higher than average, it's even rained.

Even if it did snow this weekend unless it happened at night it would not settle with all the people that will be around over the long weekend.

To top this off they are not forcasting dumps so any new snow would be insignificant would it not?

I'll be saving the cash and making archealogical discoveries in my freezer.

Conditions for ice skating?!!! Haha!

Yeah right.

The resorts need decent snow quite desperately - there is a lot of snow about, it's just all hard packed and not very powdery.

Agreed this weekend is not a good weekend for snow. Dumps are not forecast. Even if it says "snow", that may turn out to be 5cm. We need a big "oyuki" to help us out here!

Not riding 'til Sunday, and the five sources I correlate for info indicate a fair to good dumping, low temperatures and a good chance of high winds. The last two factors should take care of the crowds if they materialize. Lowdown on Tuesday.

Local weather forecast in Naggers has snow all day tomorrow at Iiyama and a fair bit at Omachi, and a merry line of snowmen in all weekday slots in the 'hokubu' weekly segment. We'll all be whooping it up again soon I reckon.