Yeah I've been there once timmo. Had a good time. Very much a skiers hill - I don't think they even let boarders on there (?) - and some long long runs right from the top to bottom. Doesn't seem to get too much buzz does it, I was kinda wondering that. Maybe becoz of the boarder angle. Anyway, good for skiers, worth a visit.

I live near Kusatsu but have never been there, because I'm a boarder. I hear that it's good for skiers, but the lay out is pretty c#*p. Something about having to cross a big car park near the top?!?

Also, not too long ago, 2 skiers died there when they skied through an area of poisonous gas. So don't go off piste, hey!!

• 4 weeks later...

Got on the skis yesterday and went out to this place for the first time. Snow wasn't much cop, but the place was pretty decent. Full of skiers (:eek smile.gif. Long runs. Not too busy. Not much else to say really. There you go. Out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now the snow has gone, good place for onsen and that volcano crater behind the top of the mountain... can't remember the name (Shirane?)...then go over the top to Shiga Kogen when the snow really goes. Is that open yet anyone?