Cheers eh?

I'll try to get out the backcountry article sometime in late March or early April.

Maybe something about the Iwaki-san spring summit and backcountry bowls in late April.

later

Hutch

Having read Hutch's article and been consumed with envy, I have conceived the following wish list for Hutch.

Hutch gets a rare infection of the inner ear that destroys his sense of balance for good.

Hutch's respect for Granpa Hakkoda deepens into love - oddly it is reciprocated, and the scandalized locals drive the oddball couple from their neighbourhood.

Hutch misplaces one of his extra-large skiboots in the carpark late one evening and the next day it isn't there. No shops around sell such large boots.

Hutch falls hopelessly in love with a blonde third year JET from Nebraska.

Hutch gets a rare lactic acid disorder that causes agonizing burning of the thighs and calves just walking up the steps to the gondola.

Hutch fails to see a snow monster in a Hakkoda whiteout. The tree beneath the snow monster happens to have a forked branch just at neck height.

Hutch is offered a highly paid and challeging position in Tokyo.

Hutch finds, around 4 pm, a whole series of glades of sick pow that stretch away into a part of the mountain he's not familiar with.

Anybody else got any kind wishes for the b@stard who lives so close to so many goodies (all of them undeserved, I'm sure...)?

Good on you mate, good article. I hope to see you there sometime.

[This message has been edited by Ocean11 (edited 15 February 2002).]