Guys,

Any of you been to Ski Jam in Fukui? There is a group of 7 of us planning to make the trip this week on 22-24 February.

Im planning to snowboard for the first time, so wanted to know if you can rent the gear there, how much for, how much are lessons are & any other practical information that would be of assistance i.e onsens in the neighbourhood etc etc.

Cheers,

Simon

email - erikainoue@rinku.zaq.ne.jp

Nads

Can I ask a question, sorry I dont know whether you are a boarder or skier. However, plan to board this weekend for the first time, skied last year for the first time. Can you tell me if the bindings for snowboards are dependant on shoe size ?

Quote:
Originally posted by grungy-gonads:

No probs, sorry can't be of more help.

GG

hi

sorry to but in, but yeah binding size does depend a little on shoe size. they generaly come in small medium and large. i have found it best to fit your bindings to the shoes you already own or vice versa.... also depends on the make of the boots and bindings. e.g i own burton custom bindings and saloman boots size u.s. 10.5 and strangly enough they fit perfect with my M size bindings. but a D.C. boot of the same size would need larger bindings because they are a chunkier boot.

any body else found a similar problem??

Lama,

Asolute no probs, thanks for the info, itll be a great help this weekend.

Quote:
Originally posted by lama:

hi

sorry to but in, but yeah binding size does depend a little on shoe size. they generaly come in small medium and large. i have found it best to fit your bindings to the shoes you already own or vice versa.... also depends on the make of the boots and bindings. e.g i own burton custom bindings and saloman boots size u.s. 10.5 and strangly enough they fit perfect with my M size bindings. but a D.C. boot of the same size would need larger bindings because they are a chunkier boot.

any body else found a similar problem??

• 2 weeks later...

&&

Id say pretty cool. I summitted a write up on it, you can check it out if you go the resort reviews. After reading if you need any other info, let me know.

Quote:
Originally posted by &&:

How was that place down there then Simon? I will be in that region next month for a week, so would be interesting to know what its like? Thanks