Thoughts on Olympic problems...

Any thoughts on all the controversy going on in the US.

Just read that the Russians threaten to pull out and the Koreans are pretty miffed over that skating incident (which looked a decidedly iffy decision to me). Pretty pathetic all this, don't you think!

The women's figure skating pulled a bit of a wacky one yesterday when with the last competitor (Slutskaya) to go it was

1. Michelle Kwan

2. Sara Hughes.

The final result?

1. Hughes

2. Slutskaya

3. Kwan

Had the Russian girl ballsed up completely, Michelle Kwan would have won. But seeing as she did pretty well, she knocked Michelle Kwan down below Sara Hughes. Great drama maybe, but what's wrong with adding up marks out of six? Why should one person's performance affect another person's standing? Why do they still bother with the marks out of six if it's all relative? It doesn't seem to make any sense at all.

for me was strange how the americn judge gave points on the freestzle jump final.

there where this guy (i guess from poland) who won at last.

his first jump was rated bz everz judge arround 6.6 exept the american judge, he gave him about 6.0 then the next one was an american athlet. the whole bunch of judges gave him about 6.0 the american gave him 6.4 points.

ok, it`s allways hard to judge someone and it`s not about huge differences but at least i looked like the american judge wanted to "help" his team a little.