I've just spent 9 days in Switzerland (not Japan then.....sorry), doing the learning thing with my new Snowboard (Bullet 164). What can I say!, I've skiied for 18 years and after 5 days of lessons, boarding through powder, picking up some decent speed, damaging every part of my body.....it's all good. So far I've done passive and active turns, the quick turns from backside to frontside continously when you're on the flats, and the ollie. I've also learn't something called the Wasser which involves you making a turn and effectively holding the turn until you end up where you started....really good fun after the 20 or so times I fell over trying to do it smile.gif. On the last day my Teacher (they call them Maestros in Switz) took me to the half pipe, where I proceeded to pound every part of my body....but again....this feeling of "enjoyment" made me get up and make those bruises bigger and bigger. I'm coming to Hakuba in 2 1/2 weeks, I'm getting ready to start some decent tricks in the pipe, as well as some off-piste acshun....Thanks to SJG for giving me the guide on where to stay how to get here etc....I really had no idea of how much fun this is.....and how expensive....my setup has cost me £750 so far frown.gif This'll be my 2nd trip, and from what I hear, Nagano = Boarder heaven. Now if only someone would give me a well paid job in Tokyo so I can come up every weekend....None of this drive across europe to a rubbish resort malarkey smile.gif

The moral of my story is....boarding is good....very good.....I really prefer it to Skiing..oh BTW, I bought a RED helmet on a friends advice, I know you like an idiot, but I prefer that to a whopping headache smile.gif

See you on the slopes soon!

Alexei