Hey,

I am very keen to go snowboarding down Mt Fuji this year (after an exhilerating climb up first). My snowboard friends have piked on me - they seem to think it's too dangerous... Anyone keen to give it a go? Anyone already done it and care to give comments?

Brodie.

Hmm,

Maybe I'm being a bit simplistic, but it seems to me like a case of walking up and sliding down. There would be a few photos in both directions, copious amounts of chocolote and a beer at the end... ;-)

I'm just starting to think about the full planning now, like where (ie which side, which track, etc), when, and what gear is required. Obviously a decent backpack to get the board up and non-snowboarding related equipment down, snowshoes/crampons, decent boots and hiking equipment, adequate clothing, etc.

To be official, there is also a matter of getting police approval of the hike if out of main hiking season, this consists of them examining equipment, etc. I don't think the snowboards would be part of the exhibited equipment tho...

That's just early thoughts, a bit more thinking/planning about it yet before I can put it into practice...

Brodie.