Can someone please post on the current conditions in Hakuba (specifically Yanaba).

Is it worth taking two days off to go up there now, or should I wait and pray for snow next week?

Switching between rain and sleet this afternoon. Wet snow as I type. It may be better higher up, but I wouldn't bank on it.

Yanaba is right next to the road, making it lower than the other resorts. I wouldn't be surprised if it's slushy all the way up to the top. It was very icy at the top of 47/Goryu yesterday, but that just makes for fast riding if you can handle it. It was slushy from the Goryu zigzag (1200m?) downwards.

If you do go to Yanaba, check out the free demos you can do on Sims, Forum and Gnu boards. You'll probably have to stick on your own bindings, but it's nice to try out a new one. Most of the ones they've got are freestyle, so just the job for all the toys they've got there.

If you're the guy that wants to do jumps, most of Route 4 at 47 has been turned into a park. Most of the hits are table top style, so there's no drop to worry about if you've not got so much confidence. There's a nice quarter pipe-type hit for you other guys. Pretty close to vertical at the top.

hey nofakie...

you seem to be in the know for hakuba valley...

where does cortina sit in relation to those other areas...is it higher or lower...

think the snow would be better there??

thanks...

danz

danz, you've got Cortina on the medulla oblongata mate. Need to sprinkle some chicken blood on your free ticket tonight, and pray to hughie. S'what I'm doing. There may be snow up that way early this morning...

Cortina is actually lower than Happo/47/goryu/tsugaike but its slightly closer to the Japan sea and not as sheltered by the taller mountains so it gets more snow

The snows pretty useless anywhere in Hakuba at the moment....too warm frown.gif

Considering the sun and mildness of the first part of March, good conditions as we had some new snow over the last few day.

Great weather too this morning. Time to get out there. ......bye!