I haven`t got up there yet, but it seems to be a really cheap place. Only draw backs are that it`s really small and if it ain`t snowed recently then be prepared for a bumby day(crap snow). If your into jumps and tricks it sound like a really cool place.

Keep meaning to go, but never get round to it. It's a smallish place between Myoko and Arai. There's supposed to be a steep ungroomed course that's good on pow days. Gets a lot of snow, but like Arai not so far inland.

Lots of boarders by the sounds. They also have girls' snowboard camps there every year.

Seki-Onsen...

A little village, behind Akakura-onsen. There is a road to go from Akakura-onsen during Summer time, but due to TOO MANY SNOW, you cannot take that short cut during winter.

A LOT OF SNOW every year, and many many many snowboarders. Even this year(lack of snow everywhere), there are plenty snows.

There are many girls camps, and Seki-onsen will have 'GIRLS-OPEN' on 8th April 2002.

Also there are salomon snowboarding camp coming up soon, and I think salomon one-make competition coming up in there as well.

I stayed Seki-onsen this season, .but I didn't go to slope 'cos we need to head to Akakura on the day. However, I could see the slope from Ryokan, and slope seems like steep, and there are lovely light-up during night.

Maybe I will go up before season finish.

[This message has been edited by Nat (edited 16 March 2002).]

Saw a special on TV about the place the otherday. If your up for a bit of snowshoeing then the area above the actual resort looks really good. Lots of backcountry, some of the best around by the looks of it, but not acces. by lift.