Apart from some places in hokkaido, there are not that many place has really STEEP course.

I went to Kijimadaira there today, I was surprised the course called Pioneer course - Nice and steep ( I thought!)

I heard that course used to be only for Skier but when I went there, Skijo opened for snowboarders as well!

It was cool!

Check it out!

Talking about Kijimadaira its going to go off this weekend. Theyve got some event called slopestyle and there are loads of boarders from all over the world coming to compete in some kind of competition. I know this sounds like lame hype but Im not kidding. There is a webpage, something like slopestyle.com/2002 or something and its got the skinny on it - but why on earth in Kijimadaira? I have no idea.

ocean - there are really good 'off-piste' area around Pioneer course. But because of 'off-piste'.... Kijimadaira closed Pioneer course for snowboarders....

If you check Kijimadaira's web, they wrote the message to snowboarders from Patrol, says,

'Off-piste - absolutely dengerous around Pioneer course. Don't go.'

[This message has been edited by Nat (edited 08 March 2002).]

Nat, I can believe that it is dangerous for intermediate boarders, but for advanced, no problems I'm sure. Thanks for the info.

Hoping to see you at the weekend if I can rouse the snow-fussy Suwa boys to get themselves up to Nozawa.

But hey, Nozawa and Kijimadaira? Both very near to themselves. Which do most people choose...surely Nozawa.

Kijimadaira is fine - and that one steep course makes up for quite a lot - but Nozawa wins surely wins out most times.

Anyone been to that other place nearby, whats it called, Togari?