I hear a lot about good resorts, but what about rubbish ones you have been to.

The have not been to many resorts, and the ones I went to were all good apart from one, Karuizawa Prince Hotel.

danz, jk is actually not in Yuzawa. Its in the next town - Ishiuichi or Shiozawa or something.

My personal worst is Tenjindaira. I know lots of people seem to like it, but I think its the pits and the only redeeming factor is the views on a good day. Apart from that, whats so good?

Yeah, blinkin'ek, I second that! They even had the gall to stop everybody riding to watch some flash git ski down their horrible mogul hill to some godawful 'rock' music. Hey coolio, can you interrupt me for more of the same in another 30 mins!?

Oh, and here's my 1,000 yen snowboarding license fee, and here's another 1,000 yen to park my car.

Not counting all the little chichai local resorts (surely they don't count), the one-of-the-main resorts I have enjoyed least was Sun Alpina just south of Hakuba. The snow and weather when I went may have been a big factor, but it really didn't impress me at all.

Off now, bye!

Got a friend who goes to the International University in Yamato/Urasa, Niigata. Went up there 2 weeks ago and he 2 tickets to Urasa ski "resort". Realllllly bad. So small and just a few lifts. Free, but would have preferred to have paid to go to one of the bigger places.