thomas

The resort aren't saying for definite, but probably next weekend.

Their website is here:

http://www.okutadami.co.jp (Japanese)

For those of you who don't know, Okutadami - in the mountains near Koide in Niigata - opens early in the season and closes late but closes down for a 2 month period mid-Jan until mid-March due to the amount of snow and difficult access.

SJG

It's a small place up in the mountains bordering with Fukushima. About 40 minutes to the north of Yuzawa town. Windy road takes you up to Okutadami. Don't expect a huge place. Just go there hoping for some last minute riding at the end of the season. They are usually open until mid-May I think and the weather then is getting quite warm, so it's t-shirt time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought I would take a trip up there to see what it's like, and did yesterday. Beautiful blue skies but a little windy. Well the snow wasn't much cop I'm afraid, but that's part of the deal with this spring lark ain't it? But had a fairly decent day. It's a small resort.

I recommend Kagura if you are planning to go up to the niigata region. Much bigger and from my memory better snow.

Just thought I'd post my thoughts. Went to Oku the other day and it was pretty crappy but no more than I was expecting. If you are coming to this area, go to Kagura in Yuzawa before you go here.

• 1 month later...