SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
DON

Madarao-Tangram - any good?

Anyone been to this place/these places. I belive they are "joined up". Looks interesting.

Yes, this place is really nice. Very uncrowded and a good selection of runs. The views of Mt Myoko on a clear day are also very impressive

I have never been but am interested in the place. My Japanese friends say it's good and when I go to Nozawa always take a look in the distance up there.

If I had a choice, I would pick Nozawa. The place is nothing special about it-mondane hills.

Fairly decent place kinda inbetween Nozawa and Myoko on the mountain between the 2. About 40 minutes from Nagano (?)

Looks kinda decent, and easy to get to from nagano-shi. May make a trip next season.

This is a nice resort area quite near to Nagano and also near to the resorts in Myoko, Niigata.

I like it as it's quite quiet, some good courses and a nice hotel at the bottom of the Tangram part (which is the area I prefer).

Good place to check out next season.

Season is finished of course but I like this place. Quite quiet and some really great views of Myoko on a good clear day. Recommended.

Me and the missus took a trip up here (+ Nozawa + Myoko) last weekend. nice place. Weather sucked. No people around at all, deserted.

Its fine and all that, but it's not very exciting. Check out Myoko or Arai nearby, or Nozawa in the other direction.

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.