This Niigata resort has an unusual season. It opens early in the season before most resorts, then closes for 2 months mid season, and re-opens for a "spring skiing" season.

For this season, the resort has decided to re-open on the 29th March, considerably later than in a usual year (for unknown reasons!).

SJG

Oku Tadami has A LOT of snow every year, so they have to close for mid season. It is about 45 min. from Koide exit (Kanetsu), by a fairly good size resvoir. It is not huge but has plenty of snow and last year they were charging 1800 for use of the pipe - park itself was free. Also, this time of the season, watch out for a cop at each on ramp of Kanetu - they check for seat belts and sometimes for DUI (anyone does apri ski drinking at parking lots of resorts).

cheers

Loads of snow up there, but like the others said, nothing to get too excited about resort wise. It's not a big place, but I always go there once in May as my last ski of the season. Go on a nice day and it really is warm up there.

Went there yesterday - I live just an hour from the place. What you might expect for the time of year. Quite a lot of snow around and in better condition than resorts down at town level. Had a good day though.