Tuesday January 29th! 60cm fresh at 47/goryu. Blew my Medial cruciate ligament on the last run of the day by wrapping myself around a tree but didn't really care as it was such an epic day.

rach, I'm only sarky to people I don't really like.

My acest day was the first day of the season at Nozzle in November before it fully opened. It's been 'downhill' ever since. There were swathes of the mountain without a single other person on it. The people that were there wore such happy, goofy, awestruck expressions, it was like being in Mary Jane land.

The snow was deep and untouched. Only a fraction of the runs were groomed. Some runs looked liked kamaboko with the snow piled up on them. The Skyline had nary a mogul or rut on it anywhere, and a few boarders were luffing and merrily tumbling their way down it. And this embarrassment of riches after such a painfully long off-season.

Completely ace it was. Let's go together at the start of next season.

Hey Ocean. I was there that early season weekend at Nozawa too. What a weekend! definitely one of the best of the season and nobody knew about it. I think I met you there. were you riding with Kim from Suwa?

Matt, yes! I bet you didn't realize what a goofy happy expression you had on your face eh?

I'm off to Cortina tomorrow, to ride crunchy groomies and Saturday's sloppy seconds. I'll try not to think about November again until October.

For a number of reasons, my best day this season was at Naeba.

It wasn't busy at all and 40cm of snow the previous evening. Superb conditions and in the afternoon the sun was out. Just awesome.

The next day tried out Dragondola going over the Tashiro - talk about a long ride, something like 15 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

That would have to be a 5 day trip I took to Hakuba with 6 mates in early February. We took in all the big resorts of valley and on the way back went up to Shiga which was in all honesty a bit of an anti-climax for us....Hakuba has a cool vibe I really like.

Good season. Looking forward to escaping Japan for the summer and then fall when temps drop back down and we can look forward to the winter.

Would have to have been April 1st for me at Happo One. Great soft snow, no crowds, lots of sun, lunch hanging out at the top with a few Asahi talls. Hoping to maybe repeat again this Sunday if the weather holds.

I can think of many great days this year. Boys and girls this season rocked in fact every season rocks, remember this. Remember were we all first learned on shitty little hills or crappy rope tows of 150 meteres plus of vert. Then we elevated our game we advanced. Me I think back to those days and bless the fact that they allow me to do pretty much any thing I want to on snow those are my best days.

As for this season DEC 27 to 31 Hakuba epic start snowed every day.

Gifu Jan 7 thigh deep pow everywhere.

Norikura Onsen Jan 20 21 wicked hiking

Feb 9 to 12 cortina 3 days of food onsen and sking at 10000 yen best deal ohdid I forget the waist deep pow every day. To top it off 47 with 50cm fresh One word to decribe the trip choking.

Feb 24 Shiga great soft bumps and a natural side hit

March 3 to 5 climbing Myoko and sking great soft snow.

Last the big spring hucks that allow for huge crashes

See you all at Tateyame or next winter and remember there all great

Nick Bc bum kyoto

Best day was 11th Feb 2002 in Myoko Suginohara. Powder everywhere! It was Super!

(Although, bad day was also 11 Feb 2002.

'cos I injured elbow on the slope.)

• 2 months later...

Our best day of the last season was in Nozawa Onsen on a Tuesday in February.

We stayed at a trad ryokan, really elegant place, the snow was fantastic (30cm overnight), the sun was shining and the resort was almost empty.

Magic.