Lift ticket prices - reduced at end of season????

Do resorts lower lift ticket prices towards the end of the season when they are not 100% open and the snow is "less than great"?

Or do they keep the charges as is until the end.....

In previous seasons in my experience, no....same price. Apart from maybe the last day or week or something.

But it might be interesting to see some resorts actually being dynamic and offering lower prices to get people to go.

Good question!

I used a free ticket to ride at Cortina yesterday, and I asked myself "Would I pay full price to be here?", and the answer was "No way!" Better to save the money to buy a mountain board for riding on grass.

yeah ocean11...

to bad about cortina...

i don't think it would be such a bad place on a COLD powder day...they have glades that they should really be proud of...and if they were smart would use that as a selling point...

but it has been just too hot...i was in a t-shirt last week when i went...got a wicked sun-burn too...

tooooo hoooot....i'm melting...melting...

what a world

danz

Yeah danz, the tree runs are the pooch's testicles. But instead of keeping the model system of responsible, regulated off-piste riding that they had there before, they've scrapped it and replaced it with lift-guys who pop out to threaten customers, and oppressive patrolling. Will I hurry back to Cortina? I wonder... The conditions would have to be unfavourable to flocks of vultures in red suits.

1000 yen off at Hakuba 47 from April onwards. I think a few other places do the same.

From now on, package deals to Hokkaido are a lot cheaper than in the main powder season. It's still cold up there, and you might get lucky and see some more pow.

• 1 month later...