yeah right. . .

i like spring conditions about as much as

i like a 400 kg grizzly bear, fresh out of

hibernation running at me full bore as i fly

down the icy trails half out of control,

half having to speed-check every turn so i

don't skid right off the ice into a tree.

I will be skiing in Niseko in Easter. It is the first time for me to ski in Spring. What should I expect? What risks should I look out for? Any advice? Thanks.

I just accept that the snow is not great and go and enjoy the last runs of the season in the sunny warm weather. I will still be boarding come the first week of May...thats another 6-7 weeks off!

reooof - where exactly are you planning on boarding? Last year you could still go out at the end of April, but this year, it`s a lot hotter. I`m pretty sure that none of the major resorts in Nagano or Niigata are going to be open come May. I suspect a lot of resorts will be finishing early this year.

skiing is the greatest thing ever...some days are better than others, but all days are better than a day in the office...

i'll take it any way i can, indoor or outdoor...shame about swass...

peace

danz

Quote:
Originally posted by Markie R:
I will be skiing in Niseko in Easter. It is the first time for me to ski in Spring. What should I expect? What risks should I look out for? Any advice? Thanks.

I don't know when Easter is this year, but sunburn is the biggest risk in spring. The air is thinner and you've got twice the UV due to the reflection off the snow. Slap on some sunblock or suffer.

Freeze/thaw conditions so it could get icy near the top. Get your edges sharpened.

Good chance of nice views of Mt. Yotei/the Japan Sea with a blue sky. Take a camera.

I think we all know we would prefer soft pow, but spring can be fun. Just go with the right mind set, right friends, on a good day (cold morning) and you can have a right laff.