People keep telling me how great the season was last year (I wasn't here) but this is my first year being in Japan and I must confess I have not been very impressed.

Was last year just very unusual?

Another of you one time wonders with the huge comments.

OK, this season. Started off awesome, got warm mid Jan, Feb was great and spring arrived a bit early.

For me its been a great season

Last season started late but had at least two massive dumps of snow that hung around for weeks even in the cities. It was cold too, so what fell was good. Besides the mental single dumps, there was fairly constant precipitation inbetween times. There were a couple of blessed falls of reasonable amounts just when we thought it was all over.

Oh yes, last season was a humdinger. All the more so for being my first. There probably won't be one quite like it again for a while, but then that's normal for this century.

A season and how good it is is made up of many factors - one of the main ones being the weather of course.

This season was not (is not) as dumpy as last season. BUT for me, this season was much better because of where I went, how often I went, who I went with, and yes - the great conditions that I experienced for the most part.

It has been ace, fab and brill.

Almost every day I had was on sweet powder even days after a dump. Was a bit inconsistent this year but I timed my trips just right it seems and even snuck in 2 awesome bonus days last Sun/Mon. It's never enough but I'm satisfied with what I got.