Mine was generally good. Would have liked to have gone out more but money and weather hindered me on that count.

Predictably, Feb was the best, with January warming up mid-time meaning a few lost chances on the pow.

Best day of the season at Hakuba 47/Goryu early Feb. Just awesome day.

Hope to go out a few more times in April and then a last blast in May. Then maybe the Gassan trip in July......?!

• 2 weeks later...

Have been reading this forum over the winter, this is my first post. Just want to say that for me the season was really cool, albeit finished a little early. My second season here in Japan and had about 10 day trips and one trip up to Hokkaido, when we took in Rusutsu and Niseko. Had a wild time.

Looking forward to next season already.

• 2 weeks later...

Not great. It started early with amazing promise but then the long hot spells and some interesting career developments interfered with the main object of life.

But I got much better at riding powder and steeps, and managed a few good jumps off lips and bumps.

Also, I got myself a proper snowboarding jacket which has made a big difference to my comfort on the hill. But I couldn't get the boots and bindings I wanted even though I was ready to throw bundles of money at people.

This half-lame season has convinced me of the need to get some sort of replacement setup for the summer, so I'll be getting a Dirtsurfer soon.

Next season, though, I'll be ready to hit the hills at the drop of two flakes of snow.

• 1 month later...

I had a good season. Found some decent places in Gifu and took a few trips up to Nagano too. (I live in northenr Mie-ken). Too bad the snow has gone now. Only another 4-5 months before we can start getting excited about it all again.